Thursday 21 October 2021

The Phoenix | Washington Square Park


He and his group of friends were sitting on one of the stone benches in Washington Square Park, but the sunlight was too harsh...so I waited till he walked off towards a spot near the fountain to approach him.

After a few quick takes, I learned he called himself 'Phoenix" and his Instagram handle was "Crimzon_Knightx". He wasn't very talkative - even with his friends, he seemed to be very quiet- so I couldn't find out if his style of clothing was Goth or otherwise.

I used one of my favorite "Japanese" ON1 LUT filter, and added a touch of vignetting to give it a sombre look. The frames were with the GFX50s and a 50mm.

"Pyramid Fumes" Portraits

On a beautiful Thursday in Spring, Washington Square Park was packed with people enjoying the sun and the warmth. The whole scene was remi...