Wednesday 27 October 2021

Will It Be A Long Term Transition?

 

Well, it's been a busy couple end of week days...with photo sessions in NYC's Chinatown and in SoHo; neighborhoods I know well, and that have photogenic backgrounds and commercial signs suited for the concepts I had in mind.

Both neighborhoods are accustomed to photographers hogging the sidewalks with models, so we had no issues with foot traffic at all...and pedestrians were always very circumspect when passing us by.

With the current impracticality of travel (at least to the countries I'm interested in), I find that this type of "fashion" photography fills a creativity void in me. Whether this a temporary interest or is a transitory evolution in my photography interests is yet to be determined...but who wouldn't want to photograph attractive women all the time? Even in my traveling -whether in Viet Nam or China, etc- I would carve a bit of time off from my documentary-travel specialty to make images of women in traditional dress or costumes.

I was always disinterested in Instagram, but recently found it a useful medium/tool to connect to people who were agreeable -as the two women in the above photographs- to cooperate in my photographic projects. Washington Square Park is frequently where I first meet interesting subjects and connect with them. Whether this will be the case during the winter months is yet to be seen.

The top photograph of NL was made on SoHo's Mercer Street, and the lower one of MT was made on Chinatown's Mosco Street. Both using the Fuji GFX50s/45mm. The top was post processed with ON1 with my own "Cine" filter, while the lower with my favorite "Nymph" filter.

KUNCHOK | In Fuchsia

I photographed Kunchok (कुनचोक) for a couple of hours on the streets of Soho. A New York University student, she posed for my cameras on a l...