Tuesday 31 May 2022

À La Sauvette | On The Run

The sun felt as heavy as lead this Memorial Day afternoon, but the weed and t-shirt vendors were still out in force around the non-working (?) Washington Square Park fountain.

I was about to pack it in when I noticed an attractive woman being photographed by her female friend using a cell phone. Something about her made me stop in my tracks, gather some pluckiness and ask permission to make a few frames of her.

Destiny -who turned out to be delightful- readily obliged by posing with her white sunglasses and the arch as her backdrop. She and her friend Bridget had to rush somewhere else, so I had to be quick...and hence the "à la sauvette" title of this post. The expression was made famous in a photography context by Henri Cartier-Bresson.




And in monochrome:



KUNCHOK | In Fuchsia

I photographed Kunchok (कुनचोक) for a couple of hours on the streets of Soho. A New York University student, she posed for my cameras on a l...