Tuesday 22 February 2022

Lunar Year Parade In Chinatown


Chinese New Year 2022 fell on February 1st, 2022, and celebrations culminated with the Lantern Festival on February 15th, 2022. However, New York City's Chinatown held its parade on February 20th, possibly so it would coincide with the eve of Presidents' Day.
Not having a press pass, I eschewed trying to dodge the NYPD to walk in the parade and risk being scolded by an officer, nor did I relish to photograph behind the barricades (although I did squeeze a few frames from a couple of such spots) ...so I mingled with the participants who were warming up and waiting for the signal that the parade would start.
I attended the Chinatown New Year 2020 Parade, and recall a few floats that carried signs that read "Wuhan, Be Strong!". It was at the very outset of the Covid-19 pandemic which hadn't reached our shores yet. 
Here are a few of the 2022 frames:








POV | Netflix's Ripley | Monochrome Awakening

Inspector Pietro Ravini of the Rome Police (Netflix) I've been watching "Ripley", the recent Netflix which is a masterpiece of...