Monday 15 November 2021

Nimika Thapa In SoHo

I photographed a few frames of Nimika Thapa in Washington Square Park a few weeks ago, and followed through with her on Instagram as to whether she'd be interested in a spending a couple of hours posing for my cameras in SoHo. She was and here are the results of the session.  She is currently a junior at NYC's Hunter College, studying human biology; an interdisciplinary area of academic study that examines humans through the influences and interplay of many diverse fields such as genetics, anatomy, nutrition and sociocultural influence. 

She is also an aspiring model who seeks and finds inspiration from everyday life. I hope my photos will help her to realize that aspiration.

Note: I'm not a fashion photographer at all...but I apply the lessons I learned from years devoted to travel and documentary photography to it as best I know how. Naturally, it's a pleasure to be working with beautiful women, and I enjoy "capturing" their beauty and presence as much as possible...however, "travel meets photojournalism" is in my bloodstream and I'm impatient for the prevailing travel restrictions and associated impracticalities to ease.











Larger photographs can be viewed in my Exposure gallery:


Nimika by Tewfic El-Sawy on Exposure

REI | De Las Flores

REI by Tewfic El-Sawy on on Exposure