Monday 1 November 2021

Halloween 2021 In Washington Square Park







A couple of late afternoon hours in Washington Square Park resulted in a trove of interesting portraits of people all dressed up and ready to party in the Halloween Parade on Sixth.

Naturally, all of them have Instagram accounts and expect to receive all of their photographs. Photographers were on an adrenaline rush to click their shutters as fast as their cameras' buffers allowed...and one grey bushy-haired fellow was getting a little too "pesky perv" by hiding behind a woman's male companion to take her photograph. He was given a nasty "side-eye' by the man, and slithered away.

Showing my images to the people I photograph always results in exchanging Instagram connections...and I am always curious as to their stated "occupation". For instance, the "NYPD Policewoman" Instagram bio says that she's a songstress; the woman is a orange jumpsuit is an artist and model who sells her framed photographs, and is originally Nigerian; the white-haired Marie Antoinette look-alike told me she was a part-time model ....and the inked woman vendor's bio states she's a model and a makeup artist. 

I've said it innumerable times, but the eclectic mix of backgrounds, styles, ethnicities and occupations in this crucible is just astounding, and a powerful antidote to the current trends in the country.

I also posted the above images on my Exposure website:



KUNCHOK | In Fuchsia

I photographed Kunchok (कुनचोक) for a couple of hours on the streets of Soho. A New York University student, she posed for my cameras on a l...