Sunday 12 September 2021

Resisting The Tides Of Racism At MOCA: My Work

The Museum of Chinese In America (MOCA) on Centre Street in NYC has been featuring an exhibition titled Responses; an offering to the United States in its moment of crisis. Chinese and Asian Americans are being blamed as the genesis of Covid19, and targeted in assaults across the country. The exhibition explores the lessons of history and raises a collective voice against the rising tide of anti-Asian hate and violence.

I am privileged to have some of my work in Manhattan's Chinatown featured in this exhibit, and especially proud that the museum used my photograph of a deserted Pell Street as the main exhibit poster in its windows, as well as for the exhibit program.

Here's an audio slideshow of the Chinatown During Covid19 photographs:


KUNCHOK | In Fuchsia

I photographed Kunchok (कुनचोक) for a couple of hours on the streets of Soho. A New York University student, she posed for my cameras on a l...