Monday 8 June 2020

Stolen Lives


On June 6, 2020, I learned - through Twitter - of a march that would start in Union Square and end in Washington Square Park. Naturally, history was being made in close proximity so grabbing my cameras, two masks on top of each other and a bottle of water, off I went to wait for it to arrive at the arch.

So here are the photographs that I made during the event. Higher resolution/size can be viewed here.

The emotions during this protest were so electric, so intense and so personal to the protesters that I felt the air vibrating. I had to steady my hands to photograph the above image.
“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.” 
― Martin Luther King Jr






























KUNCHOK | In Fuchsia

I photographed Kunchok (कुनचोक) for a couple of hours on the streets of Soho. A New York University student, she posed for my cameras on a l...