Wednesday 12 July 2023

AI : Pushing The Imagination Envelope

I've been enjoying interacting with MidJourney almost on a daily basis, alternating between generating "one-off' images and project-related images. The latter requires patience and many tries and retries to get a pseudo consistency in the characters I seek.

I recently stumbled on the lovely work by Marta Contreras Simó, whose AI-generated portraits on her MyLovelyViews, are inspirations, and provided me with ideas that I will continue to emulate as much as I know how. Her Instagram account is here. It's my understanding that she uses her own photographs, blending them in MidJourney to achieve her AI creations.

Influenced by her work, I prompted the above AI-generated image and called it 'The Taxidermist & Her Ravens".

Another of my creations is "The Red Medusa":


And another is one of a beautiful Vietnamese model relaxing on a bamboo chair in Phú Quốc:


And one of an Asian photojournalist at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel:

In the labyrinth of New York City's embrace, A pretty photographer paints moments with grace, A red fedora crowns her head, a vibrant crown, Her Canon camera captures tales of the town, Through her lens, NYC's essence is forever known.




SoHo's Fashion Billboards

Some of my street fashion shoots begin at the corner of Houston and Crosby Streets, and on several occasions, I attempted to position the mo...