Monday, 7 May 2012

The Travel Photographer's Warm Split Tone LR Preset



Photos © Tewfic El-Sawy-All Rights Reserved


I've received a number of emails asking me how the toning of the still photographs of The Spice People of Mattencherry audio slideshow was done.

It's an overly saturated look, which I thought would go well with the color of turmeric, ginger and the burlap sacks so prevalent in that ancient area of Kochi. So here's the "secret sauce" as some call this sort of post processing workflow, which in reality is really quite simple.

It obviously is not suited for many types of photographs and projects, but if you need this sort of saturation, do try it and see if it suits you. For fine tuning, I'd increase or decrease the Blacks slider as deemed necessary after choosing the preset.

To download, click on The Travel Photographer's LR Presets.

THE FEAST OF SAN GENNARO 2026

  The Feast of San Gennaro, also known as San Gennaro Festival, is a Neapolitan and Italian-American patronal festival dedicated to Saint Ja...