Friday 1 April 2011

My Work: Journey In Style

Leica M9/Elmarit 28mm-Photo © Tewfic El-Sawy-All Rights Reserved
It certainly looks like it's a Leica posting day! I'm trying hard to acquire the habit of carrying the M9 wherever I go, and keep an eye for interesting street scenes. New York City is certainly heaven for street photography, and this scene of contrasts presented itself to me on Fifth....just like that. An elderly man (a Santa look-alike) resting on a bench looking exhausted, in front of a hip clothing store, with an advert of an energetic young man in the store's window. I thought the contrast between the young and the old...the real and the posed...but both wearing jeans... to be interesting. (Click to enlarge it).

I had pre-focused the Elmarit 28mm, so it took only a couple of seconds to compose and press the shutter. I tried it in black & white, however it doesn't work as well. I think the orange text adds a lot to the shot.

KUNCHOK | In Fuchsia

I photographed Kunchok (कुनचोक) for a couple of hours on the streets of Soho. A New York University student, she posed for my cameras on a l...