Thursday 11 February 2010

Tribes of Rajasthan & Gujarat: Photo Shoot!

Photo © Tewfic El-Sawy -All Rights Reserved

Rather than posting a group photograph of the members of the Tribes of South Rajasthan & Kutch Photo~Expedition™ in which everyone is smiling rather self-consciously, I thought this one would be more appropriate.

This cluster of the group members was not really the norm, as most of the time we wandered either individually or in twos in villages to photograph what appealed to our individual eyes. However, a subject occasionally appeared so photogenic to all of us that clustering was the only option. In this case, the subject was Leshma, a beautiful Wadha girl, who was so naturally comfortable in heeding instructions that I think she must have been a professional model in a previous life.

From left to right: Cathy Scholl, Kim McClellan, Terri Gold, and Charlotte Rush-Bailey.

Second row, from left to right: Sharon Tennant, Sandy Chandler and Colleen Kerrigan. Missing are Wink Willet and Jamie Johnson.

And yes...I have a few photographs of Leshma myself. Here she is in the photograph below...she's worth it, isn't she?? And yes, I know...some will suggest that I crop the dark area on the right, but I seldom crop out of the camera.

Photo © Tewfic El-Sawy -All Rights Reserved

"Trapped In The Flash" | The Red Strings

On a recent walk about at Washington Square Park, I chanced on performance art type of dance by two talented Chinese women; Jiening (Sophia)...