Tuesday, 22 September 2009
The Globe & Mail: Behind The Veil
Canada's The Globe and Mail provides a rare insight into the lives of Afghan women through a week-long multi-media series, Behind the Veil.
In these series, 10 representative Afghan women in the Kandahar area speak about key issues in their lives. Aided by an interpreter, specific questions were asked from each of the women. The Globe & Mail is well-known for its edgy multimedia, having featured equally interesting and extremely well produced multimedia pieces before.
I haven't got the time to view this except for a few minutes, but I intend to return to it once I'm back from Bhutan.
THE FEAST OF SAN GENNARO 2026
The Feast of San Gennaro, also known as San Gennaro Festival, is a Neapolitan and Italian-American patronal festival dedicated to Saint Ja...
-
New York City’s Pride events draws a colorful, overflowing crowd to celebrate the LGBTQ community each year. However in 2025, the press re...
-
Visitors are drawn to Canal Street by the promise of luxury bargains—such as “designer” bags, "Rolex" watches and "Gucci...