Thursday 14 May 2009

Antonio Mari: The Rajasthan Diaries




Antonio Mari is a Brazilian journalist and photographer based in New York City, specializing in ethnographic subject matter--documenting peoples and cultures outside the mainstream of western civilization. He emailed me attaching the above slideshow of Rajasthani portraits and scenes for inclusion on the blog.

This is an opportune post as I'm currently preparing details for my first photo~expedition of 2010, and Antonio's slideshow is a hint as to where I hope to be heading. There are a number of annual events in the area that beg to be photographed, and no, it's not the over-hyped over-covered Pushkar Fair.

Antonio's work is on the Geo Zoom Website . I've prviously posted Antonio's work on the Yanomami on this blog.

KUNCHOK | In Fuchsia

I photographed Kunchok (कुनचोक) for a couple of hours on the streets of Soho. A New York University student, she posed for my cameras on a l...