Saturday 30 August 2008

Matt Wright-Steel: Texas Mountain Trail

Photograph Matt Wright-Steel-All Rights Reserved

I ought to post on more domestic photo essays and galleries, and Matt Wright-Steel's new portfolio titled Texas Mountain Trail allows me to do just that...beautifully composed (and large) images of typical Texan landscapes by a very versatile photojournalist. I particularly liked the photograph of the rusty crucifix in the old cemetery. I wonder whether Matt used Lightroom to enhance the images?

Matt uses large images to showcase all of his galleries, joining the ranks of photographers and photography websites that do not shy away from using this format to provide us with a better visual experience.

Matt Wright-Steel is a documentary photographer focused on culture and the human experience, and attended the recent Foundry Photojournalism Workshop in Mexico City.

KUNCHOK | In Fuchsia

I photographed Kunchok (कुनचोक) for a couple of hours on the streets of Soho. A New York University student, she posed for my cameras on a l...