Friday 13 June 2008

My Show-Off: Indian Widow

Photograph © Tewfic El-Sawy-All Rights Reserved

Here's one of my weekly Show-Off features of my personal photography on The Travel Photographer's blog. Click on the photograph to view it larger size.

This is probably one of my very favorite photographs. It's of an elderly widow in the Indian city of Vrindavan, walking painfully to her ashram. Afflicted with osteoporosis, she uses her cane to assist her in her journey to the central hall, where she will receive lentils and rice as her main meal.

The photograph is part of my White Shadows multimedia slideshow, which I shall use during my course of Street Photography & Multimedia at the Foundry Photojournalism Workshop in Mexico City.

REI | De Las Flores

REI by Tewfic El-Sawy on on Exposure