Monday 29 December 2014

Canang Sari | Tewfic El-Sawy


This might be the my last post for 2014, and I chose to feature a few of the photographs I made during a handful of photo expeditions-workshops I led on the island of Bali.

These photographs represent a sampling over the course of the past few years, and some are purely stock travel images in style, whilst others have a somewhat more documentary flavor to them. This is in a way intentional, to show the evolution in my style of shooting during these past years.

Once again, I chose the Exposure platform to feature Canang Sari; a collection of 15 full sized color photographs.  Canang Sari is one of the many daily offerings made by Balinese Hindus to thank and praise the supreme deity. We have all seen these offerings in the Balinese temples, on small shrines in houses, and on the ground or as a part of larger offerings.

I look forward to 2015. A new year marks a new beginnings, new people to meet, new adventures to enjoy and new memories to create.

The Travel Photographer wishes you all a Happy New Year!

REI | De Las Flores

REI by Tewfic El-Sawy on on Exposure