Friday 12 July 2013

Travel Photography: Royal Geographic Society

Photo © Alessandra Meniconzi-All Rights Resreved


I'm in luck.

On my way to India from London in early May, The National History Museum on Cromwell Road was featuring the exhibition Genesis of Salgado's phenomenal photographs...and tomorrow, the Royal Geographic Society nearby will open a free exhibition marking 10 years of the Travel Photographer of the Year competition.

Included in the exhibitions are dozens of the best entries from its most recent contest (including the one above by my friend Alessandra Meniconzi), as well as winning images from previous editions. The exhibition runs until August 18.

The Royal Geographic Society is a stone's throw from where I am, so it certainly beckons this weekend. I hope it'll be as well mounted as Genesis...but it will be a tough act to follow. I shall post my impressions when I visit it.

For those who are not in London during the exhibition, the Telegraph newspaper has 30 of the images in the exhibition.

And for more details, drop by the Royal Geographic Society. Its website sucks, but it has the information you may need.

"Trapped In The Flash" | The Red Strings

On a recent walk about at Washington Square Park, I chanced on performance art type of dance by two talented Chinese women; Jiening (Sophia)...