Monday 27 July 2015

My Presentation | Foundry Photojournalism Workshop: Bali 2015



I have just returned from a wonderful two weeks in Hanoi and Bali (the latter as an instructor at the incomparable Foundry Photojournalism Workshop 2015).

Whilst I will soon write a post about my experience during the week-long workshop, I thought I'd upload the presentation I gave during one of the evening sessions at the Betelnut Cafe in Ubud. Most instructors were asked to present their work, and I chose Pulau Dewata: The Island of Gods...a collection of images made during my trips to the island.

Some students made the point to me that this presentation ought to have been shown on the first night of the workshop, as it would have helped them to choose their self-assigned photo essays. I was the only instructor to show work directly relating to Bali.

A very sensible observation, but the timing choice of the presentation was not mine to make.

Photo © Komang Windu Gunawan

"Trapped In The Flash" | The Red Strings

On a recent walk about at Washington Square Park, I chanced on performance art type of dance by two talented Chinese women; Jiening (Sophia)...