Saturday 3 May 2008

Lightroom 2.0: Decision Time

Well, time does fly. It's been a month since I signed on to try Lightroom 2.0 which means that the free trial period is over, and I now have to decide whether to buy it for $300.

There are many websites that offer tutorials, and here's one recommended to me by Dave Thompson, a regular reader of this blog and who frequently offers me his insight on photography.

Julieanne Kost's Lightroom Tutorials

I still have some free time on my Aperture trial period, which I'm still fiddling with. Despite Aperture's "fit" with Apple software, I am leaning heavily towards Lightroom.

For a comparison of the two, check Gavin Gough's post on the matter. I won't divulge his preference, but I found his analogy to be interesting:

"If they (Lightroom and Aperture) were people, Lightroom would be a dour, stodgy Yorkshire lass sitting in the corner of a smoke-filled, dingy pub drinking Stout and Babycham whilst fingering her moustache and mumbling at her whippet, whilst Aperture would be a leggy blonde model perched elegantly on a stool in the corner of a Soho wine bar, sexily sipping a cocktail before beckoning you over to her table with a smouldering pout and a suggestively raised eyebrow.

I reckon I'm a Yorkshire lass kind of guy.

KUNCHOK | In Fuchsia

I photographed Kunchok (कुनचोक) for a couple of hours on the streets of Soho. A New York University student, she posed for my cameras on a l...