Sunday 16 September 2007

Ardh Kumbh Mela 2007

Image Copyright © Bombay Flying Club -All Rights Reserved

Here's a multimedia treat for those of us who are Indiaphiles...A four-part flash multimedia feature of the 2007 Ardh Kumbh Mela produced by the 'Bombay Flying Club' featuring the photographs of Poul Madsen, the sound editing of Frederik Holge and the narration of Mandy Bhandal.

This is a really well-crafted piece of multimedia...it provides the essence of a Kumbh Mela within the restrictive parameters of the web and broadband so I applaud the creativity and professionalism of all those involved. If I had the choice, I would've chosen to use larger photographs, but that might have made the feature too slow to load.

"A story in words, pictures and sound about the world's largest religious festival in India"...Indeed, it tells that story very well and as I wrote earlier, a visual treat for all. Perhaps our national media will notice the quality of these multimedia features that are produced by individuals... whose quality and subject matter, in my view, surpass 90% of the multimedia features produced by these newspapers.

Kumbh Mela

KUNCHOK | In Fuchsia

I photographed Kunchok (कुनचोक) for a couple of hours on the streets of Soho. A New York University student, she posed for my cameras on a l...