Thursday 19 July 2012

Multimedia For Photographers: Foundry Photojournalism Workshop


I am soon to travel to Chiang Mai for the Foundry Photojournalism Workshop which is to be held from July 29 to August 4, 2012 and where I am to teach photojournalists how to produce audio slideshows that rival in quality and content more elaborate multimedia productions, using their own images and audio generated in the field, and to produce cogent photo stories under the simulation of publishing deadlines.

In reality, it's a little more than that, since through class discussions, I also share my views on typography, aesthetics, titling, marketing, blogging, web design and branding...with a little business savvy thrown into the mix.

This my fifth year with the Foundry Photojournalism Workshop, and I'm glad that my Multimedia For Photographers has been on the curriculum since the Workshop's inception in 2008. I'm also glad my class in Chiang Mai is full. Since it involves practical hands-on instruction, as well as abstract guidance, it's capped at 8 students.

While this class is somewhat more advanced than the one included my own ongoing Photo Expeditions-Workshops (which are also capped at 8 participants), the objective of both is essentially the same.

REI | De Las Flores

REI by Tewfic El-Sawy on on Exposure