Eric Beecroft just circulated this amongst the instructors, so here is the fresh news!
You can win ONE FULL FREE TUITION TO THIS YEAR'S FOUNDRY PHOTOJOURNALISM WORKSHOP in CHIANG MAI, THAILAND.
Winning=ONE free tuition AND an invite to the pre workshop faculty and staff private dinner.
HOW TO PLAY: (read and keep the rules or you'll be disqualified)
1. You may post ONE PHOTO TOTAL on the Facebook Foundry Workshop Page. Thats one photo, over the 10 day span of the contest.
2. The theme is 'Home.' You can interpret that however you wish. There is no trick or secret, we aren't looking for abstract or concrete here. Just good photos.
3. The winner will be decided by who gets the most votes/likes on their image on the Foundry Facebook page at the end of the 10 day period. YOU MAY NOT LIKE OR VOTE FOR YOUR OWN IMAGE.
4. Anyone and everyone can vote, invite your friends and family to visit the page and like the best photos they see. This is open to the public. You can come back and vote multiple times for different people's images.
5. The voting is not meant to be a popularity contest. We think that the best photographs will rise to the top of the entry pile. At least thats the plan.
6. CONTEST BEGINS SUNDAY MAY 27 at 12AM MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME. AND ENDS JUNE 5 2012 at 7 PM MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME.
7. One winner will be announced within 3 days of contest ending.
8. EVERYONE WHO ENTERS CAN TAKE 10% OFF FULL FOUNDRY TUITION FOR THIS YEAR WORKSHOP! WE ARE SO GENEROUS! - THATS $100 dollars for internationals/westerners, and $50 dollars for locals/regionals. JUST BY ENTERING!
Those who enter can get this reduction in price by paying the reduced amounts via Paypal (for internationals- $875; for locals- $375) directly to:email@example.com or pay via Western Union if you need to.
9. Already registered/paid tuition ? Students already registered can enter but if they win they get free tuition to Foundry 2013. Where will it be held ? thats a surprise until end of Foundry 2012….
SMALL PRINT: READ IT!!!!
We reserve the right to exclude photographers who don't fit the criteria of:
international/western photographers: 3 years working as a professional photographer or less
locals- no restrictions on length of time worked as a photographer
We reserve the right reject entries that we feel are too manipulated, photoshopped, etc- its a photo contest not an illustration contest.
We will reject images that you steal from others. We don't even want you at the workshop if you do this.
We reserve the right to reject entries that have multiple likes from the same person, should you figure a way to do this.
We reserve the right to be the boss of the contest, and that means if anything else comes up, we reserve the right to reject and award the winning photograph based on principles of fairness, ethics and good old fashioned sportsmanship. We reserve the right that no one else has this right but us, since its our party.
Cheaters never prosper.