Sunday 19 February 2012

Fuji X-Pro 1 Hands On Movie



Chris Niccolls from The Camera Store had the chance to spend an evening shooting with a pre-production model of the new Fuji X-Pro 1. He shows off the features, lens options, and hybrid viewfinder, and demos the video and low light images from this camera.

I don't need to rehash what's already mentioned on this video, but I ought to highlight its moiré capability. I've just returned from a walk-about in my neighborhood with my M9 during which I bumped its iso to 640. The resultant photographs showed noticeable moiré when enlarged.

It appears that Fujifilm’s solution to the problem of moiré was to design a new sensor that arranges the pixels in an irregular alignment which, in practice, greatly reduces the chance of distracting moiré patterns while maintaining image sharpness.

Although videos like this one are interesting, they're still sale jobs, so I really can't wait read unbiased reviews of the X-Pro 1, and see real life more samples of its images.

As I've posted a number of times, Leica's M9 is firmly in Fujifilm's sights, and I expect Leica will have to meet this challenge. Resting on one's laurels has led the sales of many formidable products to wither.

Just ask Blackberry.

REI | De Las Flores

REI by Tewfic El-Sawy on on Exposure