Wednesday 15 June 2011

The Travel Photographer Is On Tumblr!

Photo © Tewfic El-Sawy-All Rights Reserved
As I shared a few days ago, I had grabbed The Travel Photographer brand name in as many blogs and social sites that I could...and I've now decided to air some of my images which are on display on The Travel Photographer Tumblr blog.

As you'll see, I've used the theme known as Boston Polaroid, which allows the largest size of images I've seen on ready-made blog platforms. I've also uploaded on it photographs that received the Flare "treatment" which I've lauded its "fun" factor before. By the way, judging by the number of hits registered on that post, I ought to have received a Flare medal of honor.

I chose this particular Tumblr theme primarily because of its simplicity, but also because of the size of the images (1280 pixels on the longer side), which really is what I advocate all photographers to do. The larger the images posted on your website or blogs, the better received they'll be by photo editors/buyers.

When I wrote about the value(s) branding, I neglected to mention the value of having a centralized hub (is that a tautological term?) of a simple splash page that points visitors to your content from around the web. I like About.Me which is free, and acts as your business card...I add it as a signature to all my outgoing emails.

I have no direct or indirect relationship with either About.me or Flare beyond being a consumer of both products and liking them.

KUNCHOK | In Fuchsia

I photographed Kunchok (कुनचोक) for a couple of hours on the streets of Soho. A New York University student, she posed for my cameras on a l...