Saturday 4 June 2011

Fujifilm FinePix X100: Video Ad



As some of my readers know, I was initially interested in the Fujifilm FinePix X100 as street photography "machine", but lost interest when its price of $1200 was announced. I thought the price was too rich for my taste and because it was limited by a fixed lens, because I happily owned a Panasonic GF1 that I could use as a high end point & shoot, and because I subsequently bought a Leica M9....thus covering all my needs and more.

It's certainly a beautiful camera, and for those who are interested, Steve Huff has a real life review of the Fujifilm FinePix X100 here.

The above video ad has spread rather rapidly on the internet. It's in Japanese and has some eerie and weird scenes...some time lapse, some sexual content...some disturbing and others that are "photojournalistic" in style. It certainly is aimed at a Japanese audience.

For those who prefer more sedate eye candy, drop by the FinePix X100 Professional Photographer's compact digital camera's official website.

"Trapped In The Flash" | The Red Strings

On a recent walk about at Washington Square Park, I chanced on performance art type of dance by two talented Chinese women; Jiening (Sophia)...