Thursday 8 January 2009

Flipbac Viewer


Here's an innovative product which piqued my interest when I stumbled across its website a few days ago. It's the Flipbac, an angle viewfinder and LCD screen protector for digital cameras. According to its website, the Flipbac accessory allows photographers to take photos "without kneeling, take candid portraits without hiding behind a camera, or capture a classic portrait."

It's essentially a stick-on flip-out mirror that can be affixed over most digital point-and-shoot and digital SLR cameras with a 3 inch live view LCD. The cost is US$19.99, plus shipping.

Naturally, the first thing I thought of is whether the adhesive would damage the camera it was affixed to. According the Flipbac's website, it uses a type of adhesive that is easily removable and "peelable". This assertion will eventually be put to test by consumers of the product.

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't use this product since it's not useful to my style of photography, but it may appeal to others....especially to those who use advanced point & shoots similar to the Canon G9 and the G10.

"Trapped In The Flash" | The Red Strings

On a recent walk about at Washington Square Park, I chanced on performance art type of dance by two talented Chinese women; Jiening (Sophia)...